Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Terrain Online

Trust me, I am an all-out supporter of local business. In fact, I love the fact that plant material is difficult to sell via the internet because what's the point of buying plants if you don't get to go to beautiful nurseries to the see the plants in person and pick up one or two other gems that weren't on the list but you couldn't resist?

I will admit though, that I have been dying to go to Terrain at Styer's in Philadelphia since they opened a couple of years ago. This is one of Urban Outfitters concept stores and from photos I have seen, the place looks awesome. If you have seen an Anthropologie store, imagine what they can do to a nursery. Here is a good set of photos if you like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohjoystudio/sets/72157604819436047/

Well, Terrain just opened an online store where they are selling their hard goods - outdoor furniture, containers, garden structures. This company goes to great extents to find and procure goods from around the globe, and I think they have a nice little selection of garden items too. www.shopterrain.com

No comments: